Sunday, December 5, 2010

Be confident in the gifts God has given you

humm.... some profound words that I heard one of the girls on my floor say tonight...and it has just been marinating in my head for the past hour or so. Being confident in the gifts that God has given you is something that we should get inside our hears. Now I'm not talking about being arrogant or cocky, I'm talking about being confident in your God-given abilities so that you can use them to glorify Him. Often times our society sends us mixed signals about how we should behave---in movies often times being arrogant in your abilities is what gets you far in life and etc. I know that this post is probably a running tangent, but I do think that it is important to know what your gifts are and not to compare them to anyone else's gifts or be ashamed of your gifts; instead use them in the highest degree to glorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment